Monday, March 8, 2010

Lenten Series #19: Random Thoughts I

I want to share a few random thoughts... 


I thought tonight, i would take it easy. I did not realize how much these blogs take out of me, though am halfway through. The days of lent do not normally count Sundays, however, i thought i would actually blog on Sundays because two weeks of Lent is our spring break and i don't know if i will have daily internet access.
-----


I miss not having a group of friends to hang out with or spend time with. It at times is very lonely. Don't get me wrong, i am enjoying this journey, but i do miss being in Atlanta and even Baltimore. I am going to have to get my car fixed, better yet, i need to get a new/used car soon because i am tired of being stuck in this little town.
-----


I love the facebook Game of Collapse. I find that I go on there not often, but enough to be sure that I am beating the scores of my FB friends who are also playing. It is crazy how competitive i am. It is all in fun, but i guess this part of me missing my community of peers.
-----


The winter is a lil crazy right now. It was very foggy, and suppose to be some more rain, and maybe snow. but the temperature has been above 40. So for that I am grateful!
-----


So one of my coworkers let me hold season one of "24" over winter break. and well, let me say, I am hooked!!!! I a have been catching up and am now on season4. It is my hope to be caught up to season 7 by the end of this semester. I am borrowing the dvds from another one of my coworkers who is actually leaving Grinnell at the end of the semester. So i got to be caught-up before then. The show is really intense and awesome. But i find that i am not a fan of "cliffhangers" so i always go to the next episode so that i know what happened next. I had to cutback on how much of it I watched, because i was having dreams as though i was a character or a bystander in the show. One time i remember being Jack Bauer's sidekick. how cool is that! well not cool if you are being constantly shot at while Jack continues living on with his 9 lives! Many of my coworkers have seen all season, but all i know, and I don't want them to tell me more, is that Jack Bauer continues to lives, so when you think he is dead, think again!
-----


I am friends (actually just a fan) with the Dalai Lama on FB and he just posted something(you can tell that my concerns is not about what he posted which actually was noted the 51st anniversary of Tibetan Uprising Day on March 10th), then the excited dwindled when i realized that it prob is not him. do you think the Dalai Lama actually keeps up with his fanpage? I wonder this about all the celebrities/high profile people. See I told you this blog post would be random!
-----


I need to file my taxes. I started them online, but have yet to complete them. i need to hurry up before Uncle Sam comes after me. Maybe that money, prob wont be much, but i could use to help with down payment of a car. I should get on top of that.
-----


Alright, i think this is enough rambling for today. i am going to bed!! GN


Peace, Love, and Prosperity,
RevMAH

No comments: